Looking for a lactation professional in Dubai, you've come to the right place. Meet Mirna Sabbagh, nutritionist , dietitian, and IBCLC at myPediaclinic (Voted best pediatric clinic in Dubai). Find below some information, you Book an appointment by clicking on the following link Book an appointment.
What is a lactation consultant?
A lactation consultant is a certified professional who can help a mother with all breastfeeding difficulty. It is a new field that has been created due to a lack of proper training and support for breastfeeding needs in the medical community. The middle east has extremely low breastfeeding rates in comparison to the rest of the world, this is why lactation consultants are of utmost importance in the medical field to help mothers begin breastfeeding and maintain it. Most mothers stop breastfeeding because they find it painful or are afraid they do not have enough milk supply. Breastfeeding should NOT be painful and a lactation consultant can find the reason behind the painful breastfeeding and fix it. A breastfeeding consultant can also help you assess if your milk supply is enough and help you increase it if it is not.
At myPediaclinic we work as a team, the lactation consultant and pediatrician Dr. Medhat Abu Shaaban work together to make careful analysis of each individual baby's situation and to exclude any medical reasons that can be causing feeding issues such as lip tie or gastrointestinal problems.
You might also be looking for a lactation consultation in Dubai for any of the below reasons:
- Breast infection (mastitis)
- Nipple pain not caused by incorrect latch
- Re-lactation and increasing milk supply
- Nursing strikes
- Pumping and getting back to work
- Pumping while travelling for baby
- Removing formula supplementation
- Gentle weaning baby completely
We cover all the above cases.
If you are a mother looking to get prepared about breastfeeding while pregnant. We also offer a very informative pre-natal consult. Which includes the following:
- What are the normal breast changes during pregnancy and what are the red flags?
- We do an assessment of the breasts to exclude any possible issues such as hypoplasia
- We assess your medical history and see if there are any special preacautions that need to be addressed such as: Breastfeeding and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), breastfeeding and diabetes, breastfeeding and obesity, breastfeeding and anticipated c-section, and more.
- We discuss what to take with you to the hospital, what to expect while at the hospital, how to get breastfeeding onto the right start.
- We will also discuss what to expect with the first few weeks home
- All your concerns and questions. No question is silly
For questions about lactation consults you can email our lactation consultant in Dubai, Mirna Sabbagh on firstname.lastname@example.org and for appointments you can call the clinic directly on 04-4305926. To read more about Mirna Sabbagh you can visit her website Nutricycle.