3 Main Reasons to see a Pediatric Dentist
1. The first reason is because a healthy body starts with healthy teeth. Have a mouth with cavities or bacteria may allow it to spread to the rest of the body reducing the immunity
2. Painful teeth may restrict the child’s choice of foods making them resort to easily chewable junk food and avoid fruits and vegetables
3. Having healthy painless teeth can boost a child’s self confidence
When should we start taking the child to the pediatric dentist?
From 1 year old.
Should I take my child to a general dentist or a pediatric dentist?
It is preferred that all children visit a pediatric dentist specifically. There are 3 main reasons for this.
1. A Pediatric Dentist focuses on prevention and not just treatment
2. A Pediatric Dentist is trained for dealing with children and preventing phobias.
3. A pediatric dentist is trained to know each development and red flags for improper jaw or teeth development.