A perfect set of teeth is anything but common. A great majority of us will suffer from tooth damage in one form or the other, be it a missing tooth, a broken tooth, cavities, or gum disease, at least once in our lifetime. Children happen to be the most susceptible to tooth damage because their teeth are still erupting and developing. Children are also more active and if you have an athletic child, they are more likely to come home with a broken or missing tooth. But that absolutely does not mean your child should not have a perfect smile!
No matter what disease or damage your child’s teeth go through, restorative dentistry is here to restore your child’s smile, and Dr. Yasmin, our pediatric dentist, is the best in town.
Let’s fill you in on what restorative dentistry is and what procedures different situations may call for.
What is Restorative Dentistry for Children?
Pediatric restorative dentistry is an informal branch of dentistry that focuses on repairing and at times, preventing damage to your child’s teeth, in order to restore and elevate their dental health. The goal of restorative dentistry procedures is to:
- Prevent future oral diseases and damage to teeth
- Promote dental health and ensure proper teeth development
- Bring back and preserve the natural look and health of your child’s teeth
There are a number of restorative dentistry procedures for children that different situations may call for. Our leading pediatric dentist in UAE, Dr. Yasmin, recommends parents bring in their child to our pediatric dental clinic in Dubai in the following cases:
- Missing or Broken Tooth: In case your child gets one of their teeth knocked out or cracked, we will recommend getting one of following restorative dentistry treatments:
- Crowns (Dental Caps): A crown is a tooth-shaped dental cap that is placed over a damaged or cracked tooth in order to prevent additional harm and allow it to return to its proper shape, size, and strength.
- Dental Bridges: If your child has one or more missing teeth, you will need to get them dental bridges. Dental bridges have a crown at each end and an artificial tooth in the middle. They are placed in a way which bridges the gap left by the missing tooth by putting the artificial tooth in its place. A bridge will also prevent your child’s teeth from moving out of their place and maintain their teeth’s
- Dental Implants: We can also replace a missing tooth by inserting dental implants in its place. When you get dental implants, a metal anchor is inserted into the jawbone with a false tooth on the top.
- Composite Bonding: Dr. Yasmin can fix your child’s chipped, cracked, or broken teeth in no time by using composite binding treatment where a composite material is chemically bonded to the teeth to restore their original aesthetic.
- Cavities: If your child loves candy, chances are they will have cavities in their teeth too. But not to worry because there are plenty of restorative procedures that you can opt for:
- Crowns: As explained above a crown is a dental cap. These can be used to cover a
- Dental fillings: The most common restorative dentistry treatment for cavities is removing the decay and filling in the tooth cavity with a special material, such as silver amalgam, gold, tooth-colored plastic, etc.
- Tooth Decay: Mild to moderate tooth decays are treated using dental fillings but in some cases where the tooth has become decayed severely, fillings won’t do much good. In cases like these, we recommend that you opt for a root canal procedure.
In a root canal procedure, Dr. Yasmin, one of the most experienced pediatric dentists in Dubai, will clean out the decay from the root of the affected tooth and then fill the canal with a composite material, add an onlay or inlay to the tooth, and cover it with a crown. Your child’s smile will be restored in no time!
- Losing a tooth early: If your baby loses a tooth early or if one never appears, it is important to keep other teeth from moving out of place and taking up the free space. This will prevent the permanent tooth from erupting properly or in some cases entirely. In such cases, we can insert a space maintainer in your baby’s mouth in order to maintain space for the permanent tooth and prevent over
If your child is going through any of the aforementioned conditions, don’t hesitate to call us for an appointment [INSERT CONTACT HYPERLINK] or just head over to our pediatric dental clinic in Dubai and we’ll help you restore your child’s smile the right way.
Importance of Pediatric Restorative Dentistry
Pediatric Restorative Dentistry is extremely important. Damaged teeth, if left untreated, can not only affect your child’s self-esteem negatively but can also cause serious complications such as severe gum diseases, infections, etc., resulting in irreparable damage to the teeth.
Restorative dentistry can also:
- Keep teeth aligned
- Prevent teeth overcrowding
- Maintain the jaw and teeth structure of your child
- Protect teeth from additional damage
Restorative Dentistry at myPediaclinic
At myPediaclinic, our experienced team of nurses and pediatric dentists in UAE come together to welcome your child into the most welcoming environment and are committed to making their visit joyful. We understand that many children often fear their visits to the dentist and many parents avoid dentists as much as possible, often at the expense of their child’s dental health. That is no longer the case in UAE, where myPediaclinic, the leading pediatric dental clinic in UAE, stands equipped with state-of-the-art medical equipment and ready to tend to all your pediatric restorative dentistry needs.
Call us anytime with any questions you may have [INSERT CONTACT HYPERLINK] or pop into our dental clinic in UAE for a visit and we’ll be more than happy to help.